The activity is under the Gender and Rights (UGA7G22A) Project and feeds into the Reproductive Health Component (UGA7R53A) with the Country Programme output of Young people.
In line with the above, the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) with support from UNFPA conducted training of youth leaders in Promoting Youth Participation. The activities were planned under the Gender and Rights Project to contribute to “healthy lifestyles choices related to sexual and reproductive health are increased for young people”. The activity specifically contributed to the Legislative, policy and financing support for sexuality education and the existence of functional non-partisan youth coordination structure or mechanism.
A national youth participation guide was produced through the National Youth Council and it is currently pending popularization and dissemination.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
- Enhance the leadership capacity of youth leaders to enable them to adopt to the current leadership challenges.
- To empower youth leaders with leadership and management skills
- To empower youth leaders with life skills that address issues to do with ASRH.
- To sensitize youth leaders on existing GOU policies and programs
- To equip young people with relevant and accurate information on
- To make recommendations and suggestions that promote good leadership values
- To have action plans on the promotion of youth participation in 08 UNFPA districts developed